Charlottetown Rural | Self-Protection
Time & Location
About The Event
Learning to protect ourselves or those we love from potential harm, could be one the best things we ever do.
This empowering Self-Protection course focuses on providing the knowledge and skills to better IDENTIFY, AVOID and MANAGE violence. It is NOT about victim-blaming or teaching martial arts, but preventing becoming a victim in the first place. It is PROACTIVE.
This course is available to all aged 12+ and is tailored towards the group.
Our focus is always on preventing violence while facing the reality of it.
• UNDERSTANDING Violence Prevention
• The STRESSORS of Violence
• SELF-EMPOWERMENT via Responsibility
• FIGHT, FLIGHT & FREEZE Response
• Reading & Understanding BODY LANGUAGE
• IDENTIFYING and AVOIDING Danger
• Understanding the MINDSET of an AGGRESSOR
• VERBAL ENGAGEMENT (Pine-Wave Energy's QSC™)
• MANAGING Your PERSONAL SPACE
• A FUN & ENGAGING Personal Development Experience!
• PRACTICAL SELF-DEFENCE (not martial arts)
Sign up today and Become Empowered in Self-Protection.
Dates: Wednesday's, February 5 to February 26, 2020
Alternative dates shall be arranged as a result of school cancellations.
Time: 3:45 - 5:00 PM (4 consecutive Wednesday's)
Cost: ONLY $25.00 Per Person (Rural Student Rate). All registered student names will be confirmed with school.
Cost: $45.00 Per Person (Non Rural Student Rate)
Please Note: Pre-registration required. Payments are non-refundable unless an event is canceled by an organizer. Participants are required to sign a liability waiver and bring indoor shoes and water. Waivers shall be emailed and are required at the commencement of the program.
- Norton Arts - Rural Student$25$250$0
- Norton Arts Non Rural Student$45$450$0