Time is TBD|
DownStreet Dance Studio
Violence Prevention | Self-Protection
Become EMPOWERED and gain the knowledge to ideally IDENTIFY, AVOID and MANAGE Violence.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
DownStreet Dance Studio, 110 Grafton St, Charlottetown, PE C1A, Canada
About The Event
Learning to protect ourselves or those we love from potential harm, could be one the best things we ever do.
Self-Protection focuses on gaining the knowledge and skills to better IDENTIFY, AVOID and MANAGE violence.
It is NOT about victim-blaming or teaching martial arts, but preventing becoming a victim in the first place. It is PROACTIVE.
This course is available to all aged 12+ and is tailored towards the group.
Our focus is always on preventing violence while facing the reality of it.
• UNDERSTANDING Violence Prevention
• The STRESSORS of Violence
• SELF-EMPOWERMENT via Responsibility
• FIGHT, FLIGHT & FREEZE Response
• Reading & Understanding BODY LANGUAGE
• IDENTIFYING and AVOIDING Danger
• Understanding the MINDSET of an AGGRESSOR
• VERBAL ENGAGEMENT (Pine-Wave Energy's QSC™)
• MANAGING Your PERSONAL SPACE
• A FUN & ENGAGING Personal Development Experience!
• PRACTICAL SELF-DEFENCE (not martial arts)
Norton Arts is P.E.I's #1 Source for Self-Protection training.
Sign up today and Become Empowered in Self-Protection.
Cost: $79.00 + HST Per Person
Please Note: Pre-registration required. Payments are non-refundable unless an event is canceled by an organizer. Participants are required to sign a liability waiver and bring indoor shoes and water. Our venue (DownStreet Dance Studio) is located on the 2nd floor of 110 Grafton Street (between Subway and BMO). Entry can be made from Grafton Street or through The Confederation Mall.