Sat, May 04|
DownStreet Dance Studio
Violence Prevention | Self-Protection Course
Become EMPOWERED through Self-Protection. Gain the knowledge and skills to better IDENTIFY, AVOID and MANAGE Violence.
Time & Location
May 04, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
DownStreet Dance Studio, 165 John Yeo Dr, Charlottetown, PE C1E 3J3, Canada
About The Event
We all know that violence shouldn't happen, but it does! One never asks to become a victim of violence, but we can certainly learn how to better IDENTIFY, AVOID and MANAGE it.
Become Empowered by learning PRACTICAL skills in Self-Protection. It could be one of the best gifts you ever give yourself or those you love. It is also a lot of fun!
This course is available to all aged 12+ and is tailored towards the group. Our focus is always on preventing violence while facing the reality of it.
• UNDERSTANDING Violence Prevention
• The STRESSORS of Violence
• SELF-EMPOWERMENT via Responsibility
• FIGHT, FLIGHT & FREEZE Response
• Reading & Understanding BODY LANGUAGE
• IDENTIFYING and AVOIDING Danger
• Understanding the MINDSET of an AGGRESSOR
• VERBAL ENGAGEMENT (Pine-Wave Energy's QSC™)
• MANAGING Your PERSONAL SPACE
• PRACTICAL SELF-DEFENCE (not martial arts)
Norton Arts is P.E.I's #1 Source for Self-Protection training because we focus on YOU and keep it relevant and real!
Sign up today and Become Empowered in Self-Protection.
$60.00 + HST (Pre-Registration Required)
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (We do have breaks :-)).
Please wear whatever clothes you feel comfortable in.
Bring indoor shoes, water and any nourishment you require.
Space limited to 24 participants
Norton Arts | Self-Protection
The tickets are valid for registered participants only. Participants must be aged 12 or older. Price of tickets are inclusive of 15% HST.